Friday 27 October 2017

Friday.

I was up at 6*20, put on a load of washing and made a pot of tea. When H came down we had our breakfast. I hung the washing out and emptied the dishwasher. H made us a coffee and when we had drunk it we got ready to go out on our bikes. When we got to the new bridge the men were working on it and had a van and a lorry on it. H managed to ride past but as I got to the 2 men I got to a bit of soft soil and my wheel slipped off the tarmac and I fell off. It was so embarrassing! H was really angry,you would think I did it on purpose! The 2 men rushed to pick me up, I said I was fine and got away as fast as possible. I hurt my left heel, right knee, right elbow,arm and shoulder. We carried on and after a couple of miles I was fine. On the way back we had to cross a road which is at the bottom of a sandy slope. I don’t know how it happened put one minute I was going down and the next I flew over the handlebars. I can’t believe I fell off twice in one day!! I really hurt myself the second time, I have a lump on my left knee, another one on my right thigh another huge bruise with a cut at the top of my leg a huge bruise on my back and both my hands are still numb. However saying all that it’s only pain and I shall be going out on my bike again tomorrow. When we got home H made me sit down while he got lunch, cheese and beetroot sandwiches with a cup of instant coffee. I then soaked in the bath for a while and when I came down I put an ice pack on my knee. I just sat all afternoon till it was time to to get dinner. We had home cooked fish, chips and mushy peas. I am now laying on the bed, watching tv and that’s where I intend to stay for the rest of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment