Sunday 22 October 2017

Sunday.

I got up at 6*45 put on a load of washing, made a pot of tea and waited for H to get up. While I was waiting I did a few rows of my knitting. When H came down we had our breakfast and then a coffee. He went straight back up and got ready to have a ride on his turbo trainer. I sat and peeled a load of cooking apples that my bosses wife gave me and cooked them, I left them to cool so I can freeze them in separate portions. Next I hung out the washing, came in and drained the blackberries out of my blackberry whiskey. Then I changed into my cycle gear, took my bike out of the garage and went for a ride. The plan was to go and look for some sloes so I could make some sloe gin. When I left home it was nice and bright so I left mt washing out blowing madly on the line. I had done about 4 miles when the sky turned black, the wind was blowing a gale and it was hard work biking. I still hadn’t found any sloes so I battled on.( the things we do for our kids !!!!) well the skies opened and threw the rain down on me in sheets, I got soaked through to the skin my hair was dripping down my back and I was frozen. I found some sloes so it was not all in vain. As I couldn’t get any wetter I also stopped and gathered some chestnuts 🌰. When I got back H had finished his ride but my washing was dripping on the line, he didn’t know it was raining!! I hosed my bike down and by the time I went inH had made me a coffee and put the heating on, i was frozen. We had cheese and biscuits with pickle for lunch and one of my choc buns. This afternoon we watched tv and after a bath I made a pot of tea and cooked dinner. We had steak and ale pie with carrots, cauliflower and new potatoes with stewed apple and ice cream for pudding. I roasted some chestnuts. I left my washing out till it was nearly dark,then H got it in and its dry! It’s work for me tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment