Friday 24 November 2017

Black Friday

I got up at 5.30, had tea and toast for my breakfast, did a bit of knitting, made the bed then dressed ready to go round to our daughters so we could to to the City to shop till we dropped on Black Friday. We have been on this day for the last 2 years and it gives us a good start on our Christmas shopping. As soon as we arrived we had a festive hot chocolate drink and a mince pie. Then we began our shopping, I walked 3.2 miles which isn’t as far as we usually do but my feet were sore by the time we had finished. We went to Middletons  for our lunch and our granddaughter joined us, it was a very enjoyable meal. I had pattywith chutney and sourdough bread for starters, steak with a field mushroom, tomato and fries, and Eaton mess for dessert. After this we carried on shopping. When we got back to daughters we had a very welcome cup of tea and took our boots off.! I waited till my second granddaughter got home from school so I could see her then I drove home. As soon as I arrived, H poured the wine and I sat with my feet up. We had a bath and a cup of tea then I cooked dinner, pizza and salad. I have had a really nice day and hope to be able to do it again next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment