Monday 27 November 2017

Monday

I got up at 5.30, put on a load of washing and had my breakfast. I packed myself 2 chicken and mayo sandwiches and a bottle of water, daessed etc and got ready to go to work. It poured with rain in the night and was still raining when I left home. All the rain had made the field really muddy, I had to trim leeks and it was a right muddy mess. I sat in the field for my morning break, on an upturned box but Andy took me down to have my lunch. We washed everything we had both done up to date. I packed all the leeks and then Andy and I went back to the leeks for 3 more boxes, on to swedes for 5 boxes and when they were done we picked and trimmed 2 boxes of turnips. It was then 3.30 so we just had time to wash and packit all and it was my home time. When I got home I had a cup of tea and a bath to warm me up, then I cooked dinner. We had yesterday’s left over chicken with potatoes and peas. I now have 2 days of before I have to go again.

No comments:

Post a Comment