Monday 1 January 2018

New Year’s Day.

I got up at 6.45 and put on a load of washing. I made a pot of tea and when H bot up we had our breakfast. I hung out the washing and we had a coffee. At 9.30 I put my cycle shorts on and went into yeh pain cave to have a bit of a ride. I rode 20 miles so that’s a nice start to the new year. We then had our lunch ( bacon butties) and then I had a bath ang got ready to go to visit our daughter and family and stay to dinner. It was a job getting there because all the roads were flooded. First we went a mile down the road and found a flood with a car stranded in the middle so we turned round and tried the next road only to find barriers up and a flood signso we had to turn round once again. Third time lucky,and it’s a good job it was because we were running out of options. Anyway as soon as we arrived we had a drink and played cards till it was time for dinner which was delicious, a full roast ( pork) stuffing, batter puds, sprouts carrots,cauliflower cheese, roast parsnip and potatoes, mashed potato, pigs in blankets and gravy. We were all full so we then had a game of scrabble before dessert. We had another game of scrabble and when it was over we left. We were home around ten so we watched a bit of tele and H went to bed. As there is nothing much on tv I will probably do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment