Wednesday 11 April 2018

Back to work.

I got up at 5.50, put my wet washing into the tumble dryer and had my breakfast.  I packed a banana and a hot cross bun, a bottle of water and got  dressed. At 7.30 I drove to work. I had to trim leeks first, I had done 2 boxes when the men joined me and we had to have 10 boxes. When they were done we all went down to the yard to wash and pack them. We had a coffee break and then we all went back up the field on the tractor and trailer. The men dropped me off at the bed of carrots 🥕 while they went to pick rhubarb. I had picked 2 boxes before they joined me and we did another 3 boxes. We all went back to the yard to wash and bag them up but when we got there the boss was waiting for me. He said the men could manage them and he wanted me to fill pots and prick out tomato plants. It was 10 to 12. I filled 160 pots and pricked out 160 tomatoes and it was 12.59, perfect . I just tidied up and came home. I had a lovely day, I really enjoyed being back at work and I haven’t got a back or headache which was what I was worried about, even my sore knee was  fine. We had a cup of tea and watched a cycle race, I had a bath and cooked dinner, we had cod, new potatoes, cauliflower and carrots.        I forgot to say that I came home with a cauliflower, a leek, 12 bantem eggs and 6 wage packets.!!!! Our no2 son rang from Greece, he is still having a great time, it’s a rest day tomorrow and then he has a couple more days climbing before he comes home.

No comments:

Post a Comment