Thursday 19 April 2018

Work day.

I got up at 5.50, put on a load of washing and a loaf of bread. I had eggs for breakfast then I made the bed, packed a choc bun, banana and a bottle of water, dressed etc and went to work. First I picked 60 bunches of radishes and then walked up the field to trim leeks. At 11.50 Andrew and I went down to the back of the greenhouse where we planted the first of the lettuce in the field. We pricked out 8 rows of mixed lettuce, flat lettuce, cos, lolorosa and oak leaf. When we had finish I had to pick 10 more bunches of radishes and spend the rest of my time weeding trays of leeks. When I got home H was sunning himself in the garden. I had a bowl of corn flakes for my lunch and then I joined H in the garden on my sunbed. When I came in I had a bath, made a pot of tea and for dinner tonight we had Cornish pasties with new potatoes and purple sprouting broccoli. H is expecting a parcel tomorrow so he doesn’t want to go shopping in case he misses the postman. So I will be going on my own.😊.

No comments:

Post a Comment