Saturday 5 May 2018

Saturday.

I got up at 6, put on a load of washing and had a slice of toast for breakfast.H had already made the pot of tea. As soon as we had finished we got ready to go shopping. When we got back we unpacked, put everything away and had a cream donut with a cup of coffee. I hung out the washing and read my magazine. As soon as I was done H said we should get ready and go for a bike ride, so we did. It was lovely and we both enjoyed it. We went to Reepham station where we had a coffee and a fruit scone with butter. The track was very muddy in places still. When we got home we had a glass of wine and some cheese straws for lunch sitting in the garden in the sun. We sat outside till 4 and then each had a shower before I cooked dinner. We had chicken pies topped with cheese and garlic, new potatoes, sprouting broccoli and carrots. Cheesecake for pud.
Last night I was watching my soa ps upstairs when the smoke detector on the landing began to peep, telling us it had a low battery. ( they have been up 5 years). When H came up to bed I asked him to take the battery out so it didn’t keep us awake, he did so but we could still hear a peeping! H said I was stupid because it was the one in the pain cave, ( I knew it was the landing because I stood beneath it it.) Anyway he took out a second battery and went to clean his teeth, before he could get the toothpaste on his brush the detector in the bedroom started up. I know we got them all on the same day but I still think it’s amazing the batteries could be that close. We have 10 altogether all installed on the same day so we thought we better do them all so batteries cost me a fortune!

No comments:

Post a Comment