Thursday 10 May 2018

Thursday.

H came and woke me up just before 6. I put on a load of washing and had my breakfast. I packed a hot cross bun, a banana and a bottle of water,dressed, made the bed and got ready to go to work. I had to pick 106 bunches of radishes first. The ground they were planted in was like a rock and it was a struggle to get them out, the tops kept breaking off so I had to try to pull them up by gripping the radish rather than the leaves and that made it slow work. I finished them at 9.27 and had to go straight to carrots and pull up 5 boxes. Andy came to pick me and my carrots up, took me back to the yard to wash and pack them. After that I had to go to the greenhouse and plant tomatoes. I did 4 of the 6 rows before hometime and Andy will finish the rest. I don’t have to work again till Monday. We had a coffee when I got home and some sweet and sour rice. H hung the washing out for me this morning when the rain stopped and I got it in all nice and dry. For dinner we had sausages, bacon, eggs, baked beans and chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment