Tuesday 8 May 2018

Tuesday.

I got up at 5.50, put on a load of washing, made a pot of tea and had eggs for breakfast. I made the bed, dressed, packed my lunch and bag, hung out the washing and went to work. We planted first ( leeks and cabbages ). Then I did 50 bunches of radishes which took the time to 10 o’clock. We had our coffee break, I had a hot cross bun and a banana. After break I had to work in the greenhouse, I filled 12 trays with peat, watered them and filled them with lettuce seeds. (308 seeds in each tray) . It still wasn’t quite time to leave off so I filled 45 flower pots and planted each one with chives. W hen I got home I planted the marigolds I bought at the weekend and then pulled the weeds out of the passage outside our back gate. When I had done H made me a coffee and I had it with 3 cheese straws. Next I sat in the garden for an hour and a half then went in to watch the end of the stage race in Italy. When it was over I had a bath and cooked dinner. We had quiche, mushrooms, grilled tomatoes and fried potatoes. I have got tomorrow off but I have to work again on Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment