Wednesday 2 May 2018

Wednesday work

I got up at 5.30, put on a load of washing, made a pot of tea and had my breakfast. I packed 2 buttered cream crackers, a banana and a bottle of water, made the bed, dressed etc. and got ready to go to work. First I had to go with Andy to the leeks and first we saw 2 moor hens which ran up and into the resivour and then we saw 2 beautiful fully grown hares playing around really close to us, they in turn put a pheasant up and he was in his full colours. We trimmed 6 boxes of leeks and then pulled up 6 boxes of carrots. By that time it was 10 o’clock so we went down to wash it all and then we had our ‘ coffee break’. Next I had to pick 70 bunches of radishes which was a bit of a search and took me ages. I had to walk back to the leeks again after that and trim them till home time. (2 boxes) . When I got home H had made a pot of tea and we had a pasta pot for lunch. I felt pretty tired this afternoon so I just sat and read. I had a bath then I got dinner. We had sausages, bacon, mushrooms, peas, sweet corn, eggs and chips. I have to work again on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment